Education is the foundation upon which our future is built. In order to be competitive in a global economy, our children must be competitive. As a member of the Assembly I will fight to ensure that our education standards remain high and that every child is afforded the opportunity to learn. As a veteran member of the NYPD having retired as a Detective First Grade, I will fight to ensure that our schools are safe.
- Fight to keep testing for specialized schools in place;
- Include more funds in the budget for early education for special needs children;
- Support the creation of vocational schools to train students for careers in the field of construction, transportation, navigation and other jobs needed to serve the people of New York;
- Require that an on duty police officer be stationed at every school;
- Provide mandatory crisis training for school safety officers.